Add HTML tag Paste this tag into the section of your site’s index.html file (Google adsense)
Rosemary Parmesan Scones
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of dry Rosemary
1 ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 large egg
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
3 dried chili peppers crushed (optional if you like heat like I do)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with oil.
2. In a small frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and chili peppers and sauté for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
3. Place 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of Rosemary in a bowl with biscuit mix.
4. In a small bowl, with fork, beat egg with 1/3 cup of cream until blended.
5. Stir onion and egg in with dry mixture until a soft dough forms.
6. Knead about 10 times and shape into a ball.
7. Place dough on baking sheet, pat into an 8-inch round.
8. Cut the dough into 8 slices, not going all the way down to the pan. Brush with remaining cream, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Rosemary.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Cut through wedges and serve hot.
CHEDDAR& ONION SCONES
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with shortening. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Stir in cheese, onion mixture, and cream. For each scone, spoon 2 tablespoons dough onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 scones.