Add HTML tag Paste this tag into the section of your site’s index.html file (Google adsense)
CHEDDAR& ONION SCONES
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with shortening. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Stir in cheese, onion mixture, and cream. For each scone, spoon 2 tablespoons dough onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 scones.