Add HTML tag Paste this tag into the section of your site’s index.html file (Google adsense)
Italian Loaf Cake Sandwich
Italian Loaf Cake Sandwich
One of the coolest things I have seen lately are these sandwiches that actual look like cakes. Now I am no expert, and this was my first try with my own recipe so it may not look as perfect as some, but I must tell you it was absolutely delicious. The blend of flavors was perfect and the guests loved the whole presentation. So give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
1 loaf Artisan Rosemary and Olive Oil Bread
1 skinny cucumber cut thin
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
1 16 oz. container of sour cream
4 oz. of pesto
4 oz. sundried tomato bruschetta
1 3 oz. package of Italian seasoning
1. Cut bread lengthwise in 4.
2. Mix the cream cheese with the Italian seasoning.
3. On bottom layer spread the bruschetta over the entire layer of bread.
4. Place the next piece of bread on top of that layer.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture on this layer and completely cover the bread.
6. Place cucumbers on top of the cream cheese covering the entire layer of bread.
7. Place the next slice of bread carefully on top of the cucumbers.
8. Spread the pesto on the entire slice of bread.
9. Carefully put the top piece of the bread on top of the pesto layer.
10. Spread the cream cheese all over the top and sides of the bread. You can use as much or as little as you want depending on how thick you want it and how fancy you get with the decorating.
11. Top with a few cucumber slices for decoration.
12. Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the sour cream set.
Serve on a cutting board. Slice the bread in front of guests once they have had the opportunity to ooh and ahh over your creation. Slice thin and serve.
Italian Dressing with Rosemary Cucumber Sandwich
1 large cucumber with skin removed, thinly sliced
10 slices of white bread
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
1 07 oz. package of dry Italian salad dressing
1 tsp. dry rosemary
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
In a bowl place the cream cheese, dry salad dressing and rosemary, mix well.
Remove the crust from the bread. Divide the bread into two piles. Spread a light coating of butter on one side of the bread in the first pile and spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of the bread in the second pile.
Place cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese. Do not pile them, just do one layer. Place the the slice of bread with the butter on top. Slice diagonally and serve.
Fried Pepper & Onion Tea Sandwich
do not know if it is just an Italian thing or not, but we grew up eating pepper and onion sandwiches all the time. It is a cheap and healthy dish. I chose these peppers for my sandwich because they are sweet and not everyone can handle the traditional hot peppers that we eat. They are also very colorful which adds to the pizzazz of your sandwich.
These peppers need to be served warm or they will taste greasy. You can cook the peppers a day ahead of time but place them warm on the bread right before serving.
2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
1 large onion chopped lengthwise
19 (or 1 pound) multicolored sweet mini peppers
4 tbsps. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
8 slices of thick white bread with crust removed
Place olive oil in frying pan.
Heat oil (test to see if it is ready by dropping a piece of garlic in it. If it sizzles, it is ready)
Add garlic to pan and cook until slightly brown
Add onions to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring several times to make sure it doesn’t stick
Add peppers to pan
Add salt and black pepper to taste
Add garlic powder
Stir several times making sure the vegetables do not stick. Cook until you get the desired tenderness (some people like the peppers with a little bite and others like them mushy. For sandwiches I want then somewhere in between those two things).
Place enough peppers on one slice of bread to cover the slice. Since this is a Tea sandwich you do not want to pile it on.
Top with second piece of bread, cut diagonally and plate.
Serves 4. ENJOY!!